This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions. For more information about BOTY, or if you need support, please email email@example.com.
What is BOTY?
BOTY is a mobile app connecting people at the bar.
How do you pronounce BOTY?
BOTY is pronounced like the word body (/ˈbɑː.di/)
How much is your app?
$0.00 – available for free in the Apple App Store and on Google Play.
What does BOTY mean?
BOTY implies that quality customer service will help create a better experience.
How did the idea come about?
Over the years, we’ve traveled to different places all over the world. We’ve spent a lot of time at the bars and it’s been hard to get to know people in such a short amount of time. Boty FAQ. Our experience was always better in the presence of a great bartender regardless of the location. Whether it was great conversations, being introduced to others, or being told where to go to make our stay more enjoyable, a good bartender was critical. The bartender had a direct impact on how much fun we had, but noticed how undervalued they were. We wanted to come up with a way for people to search and locate the very best in order to make sure they have a great time on their next trip.
Based on our experience with great bartenders, we found that some of them lost touch with their favorite customers when they moved to various establishments. Boty FAQ. We wanted to figure out a way to make sure that they could always stay in touch with their customers no matter where they worked.
The bar is the place to go to figure out life’s problems. And the bartender is the person to help people solve those problems. Boty FAQ. We want to empower the bartender because they are a very important part of the equation of helping others.
We created BOTY to enhance the experience by:
- Providing bartenders a platform to express themselves, share work schedules, and communicate with others.
- Allowing customers to follow friends, rate and find the best bartenders. They can also use BOTY to build new relationships while out.
- Enabling establishments to find the best bartenders, engage customers by sharing drink specials and game trivia.
What other services are you compatible with?
Users can interact within the app feed. Boty FAQ. You can share drink recipes, drink specials, photos, videos via Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, text and email. Currently, you can share your location by checking in with any establishments on the BOTY ecosystem. We plan on supporting additional services but have nothing to announce at this time.
Are you hiring?
If you’re a talented engineer or designer we want to talk to you. Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have a technical problem or support issue I need resolved, who do I email?
The best way to get in touch with us is to email email@example.com.
What are your Community Guidelines?
Click here for the Community Guidelines.
What do the different colors stand for?
Teal is for bartenders, navy blue is for patrons, lime green is for coworkers, and orange is for establishments.
How does privacy work?
We have adopted a follower model that means if you’re “public” on BOTY anyone can follow you and subscribe to your feed. We do, however, have a special private option. In this mode, a user can make sure he/she must approve all follow requests before they go through.
What is the difference between a public & private profile?
A public profile is one that can be viewed by any other user on the app. A private profile is only able to be viewed by those users who are following the private user.
How to use the search feature?
The search feature allows a user to find other users, establishments and drink recipes within the app. Tap bartenders, customers, establishments or recipes and type in the name.
How to find great bartenders?
- Click search and the closest bartenders in BOTY will appear.
- Click menu and search for bartenders from the Leaderboard.
- Follow your friends or favorite bartenders to see who they are following.
How to I find establishments?
When you tap on establishments within the search feature, you will get a list of the closest establishments within a 3-mile radius. Please note that some of the establishments may not have a profile on the BOTY app yet. Be sure to tap establishments within the search feature and type in the name of the establishment you are looking for to see if they have a profile.
Why is checking-in important?
Check-ins allow a user to interact with other customers, bartenders and establishments. While checking in a user can write a post and share photos as well as videos. Checking in also allows a user to flirt with others and play game trivia while in the same establishment.
Who can see my feed?
All profiles are public by default which means they are visible to anyone using BOTY. If you choose to make your account private, then only people who follow you on BOTY will be able to see your feed.
How many characters can you write in the feed?
Who can you send messages to?
A user can send messages to any other user who has a public profile or users who have private profiles that they are following.
What is the bartender verification video?
BOTY is a platform for bartenders to express and promote themselves. We want to make sure that anyone who creates a bartender profile is in fact a bartender. Your face must be shown in the video and have some fun with it.
What do the Bartender Ratings mean?
Users rate the bartender on seven different factors with 0 being worst and 5 being best. Once you rate them, the average score appears. Here are the descriptions of each factor:
- Personality: humor, character, charm
- Appearance: sexiness, cleanliness, presentation
- Speed: memory, responsiveness to customers
- Customer Service: greet customer with name, connectivity, friendliness and professionalism
- Mixology: knowledge of drinks, makes drink recommendations, drink quality, drink presentation
What is the Leaderboard?
The Leaderboard displays the top rated bartenders. Users get to see how the bartender’s rating breaks down. Leaderboard also includes:
Following – displays the top rated bartenders who you follow
Nearby – displays the closest bartenders who you follow.
By clicking Leaderboard, you get two options:
- Universal – displays the top-rated bartenders universally on the app.
- Nearby – displays the top-rated bartenders universally who are nearby.
How do I find the Leaderboard?
- Click the menu drop down
- Click bartenders
- Click the symbol in the upper right hand corner
What does the Establishment Rating mean?
Users rate the establishment based on their “overall experience” with 0 being worst and 5 being best.
Who manages the Establishment profile?
The bar manager, general manager, or individual who manages the social media for the establishment will run the establishment profile. BOTY manages the profile until an establishment claim the accounts.
How does an Establishment claim their profile?
Click here to claim your establishment profile.
Why do some Establishments come up on BOTY but don’t have a profile?
BOTY incorporates Google to list establishments within a 3-mile radius of the user, but all of the establishments within the area may not have a BOTY profile yet. If you know of an establishment that is not yet on the BOTY app, be sure to share the app with them. If an establishment needs help setting up a profile, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do you know if your favorite Bartender or Establishment are on BOTY?
- Click on search
- Tap bartenders or establishments and type in the name
- If they are on the app, the name will appear.
What is the Game Trivia?
BOTY Game Trivia allows users to connect with other players while checked-in at the host establishments. Game Trivia stimulates the mind and challenges users knowledge on a vast array of topics. What better way to spend time with friends while meeting new friends while hanging out.
When will the Game Trivia be available?
Game trivia is available.
How does the Game Trivia work?
- Establishments with a profile on the BOTY app are in charge of setting up games that can only be played at their place of business.
- Establishments specify the duration of when the games will start.
- The games last 30-40 minutes.
- Those who follow the establishment or have checked-in will get a notification about when the game is set to begin.
- Interested people can enroll themselves. Moments before commencement of the game, users get a push notification.
- After accepting to play from the push notification, user get a message to alert them to get ready to play.
- Winners of the Game Trivia will receive prizes from the host establishment
- The top scores will be posted on the establishment’s ‘Leaderboard.’
- Each establishment will have a Hall of Fame that will show the top scorers over time.
How does the Game Trivia scoring system work?
The scoring system in the BOTY game trivia is time based.
- Every player will have 30 seconds to answer each question and will be marked on the basis of how early he/she answers
- The countdown starts from 30 seconds and your score will be based on when you answered the question. Boty FAQ. For example, if a player answers the question on the 25th second, the score will be 25 but if you answer on the 5th second, your score will be 5.
- As the player goes to the next question, the combined score for the previous and the current question will be on display
- When the game ends, Boty FAQ the total score is displayed along with the player’s rank
How can I print recipes?
You can use the share feature within the BOTY app to text or email any recipes.
I am a Customer, can I upload a video in my profile?
No, BOTY exists as a platform to highlight the skills of great bartenders. Any user can post videos while checking-in and it shows up in the feed.
Why doesn’t my favorite bar have a profile?
We are working to get as many bars to set up a profile as quickly as possible, Boty FAQ but we need your help to spread the word and tell your favorite establishments to download the BOTY app.
How to best use BOTY?
Click here for best practices.