Chief Technology Officer Job Description
Appocalypse Inc. is a new technology company that is creating disruptive and fun technology. The company is based out of Washington, DC but the position will be based in Miami, FL working alongside the Founder. We are currently looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for a startup mobile app called BOTY. BOTY is a mobile app connecting people at the bar.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based as well as mobile application services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- 7 years experience managing web and 3+ years experience managing mobile application development.
- 3 years experience with startup companies.
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework (Core php), Mobile Development (iOS) and Databases (MySQL and MongoDB).
- Symfony2/Doctrine2 ODM – Demonstrates modern programming approach with proven industry standard.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
- Knowledge of web standards.
- Experience with web server configuration.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimisation.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiar with Analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Familiar with prototyping tools as well as flowcharts.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Top Reasons to Work for Us
- Huge Growth Potential
- Work with Bleeding-Edge Technologies
- Awesome Company Culture
- Provides Equity
- Experienced Founders
- On-call availability and periodic overtime.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Being that BOTY App is a startup, this will be an unpaid role until funding is secured. However, as a founding member, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be granted anywhere from 10-12% of company ownership. Appocalypse, Inc. will constantly review performance and increase pay based on contribution to success and growth of the company.
- Position: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Company: Appocalypse, Inc.
- Location: Miami, FL
- Skills: Hands-on experience coding, Core php, Mobile Development (iOS), Databases (MySQL and MongoDB), APIs and
- Pay: Equity (until funding is secured)
- Download the BOTY App on iTunes or Google Play for free!
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com!
- Answer questions at http://bit.ly/1ZBYnq9 and email answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete interview via Google Hangouts and in person (to be scheduled).
*All steps must be completed to be eligible for the Chief Technology Officer position.