Data Analyst Job Description
Appocalypse Inc. is a new technology company that is creating disruptive and fun technology. The company is based out of Washington, DC but the position will be based in Miami, FL working alongside the Founder. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst for a startup mobile app called BOTY. BOTY is a mobile app connecting people at the bar.
The Data Analyst will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. You will dive deep into our data, work collaboratively across teams and share insights. You will play a central role in bringing data to the forefront of all decisions and be an important data advisor at the launch of new initiatives. If you are a curious analyst with strong SQL and business acumen we want to hear from you.
- Partner with cross functioning teams to understand our customers and ultimately create a better user experience
- Transform raw data into actionable and meaningful analyses
- Design dashboards and reports to communicate business trends and opportunities
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to provide decision support
- Execute data and root cause analyses to identify opportunities for improvement of our workflow processes and data infrastructure
- Create documentation as necessary and work with engineering to design and implement new processes
- Play a key role in overall survey and research process, including data collection and tabulation, data presentation, and analysis
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed
- Passion for BOTY’s mission
- 3-5 years of analytics or quantitative experience in which you extracted meaningful insights from big data sets
- Use strong analytical and modeling skills, including some experience with project management and analysis of large data sets using SQL and modeling in Excel
- Ability to clearly communicate insights verbally, visually, and in writing into recommendations to improve the business.
- Strong attention to detail
- You take ownership of projects and can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Curious and meticulous, with the patience to dig into murky datasets and carefully document your work.
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, complex formulas, vlookups).
- Proficiency with analytics tools like Heap, Mixpanel or Google Analytics a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or quantitative focused study
Top Reasons to Work for Us
- Huge Growth Potential
- Work with Cutting-Edge Technologies
- Awesome Company Culture
- Provides Equity
- Experienced Founders
- Travel as needed.
- Participate in events and vendor fairs as needed
- Sit for long periods of time in front of a laptop
- Attend weekly team meetings via Google Hangouts and meet face to face with team as needed.
- Attend community and networking events
Being that BOTY App is a startup, this will be an unpaid role until funding is secured. However, as a founding member, the Data Analyst will be granted anywhere from 30-40% equity of the 10% option pool. BOTY App will constantly review performance and increase pay based on contribution to success and growth of the company.
- Position: Data Analyst
- Company: Appocalypse, Inc. dba BOTY App
- Location: Nationwide
- Pay: Equity
- Download the BOTY App on iTunes or Google Play for free
- Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answer questions at https://bit.ly/2IM4RjS and email answers to email@example.com
- Complete interview via Google Hangouts and in person (to be scheduled)
*All steps must be completed to be eligible for the Data Analyst position.